Get in Touch

1.800.774.5070 (toll free in NS) or 902.424.5070

8 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday



Contact Us Contactez-Nous

My Retirement Plan

My Retirement Plan offers active plan members secure access to their personalized pension information online. Members can:

  • View their Annual Member Statement;
  • Use the Pension Projection Tool; and
  • View helpful retirement and financial planning resources.


Learn More Sign In

Your pension can be one of your most valuable assets. Whether you are entering a new spousal relationship (such as getting married or a new common law relationship), ending a spousal relationship, or getting a divorce, you will need to inform us.

Your spouse can include:

  • A legally married spouse
  • A registered domestic partnership
  • A common law relationship:
  • A common law partner is defined as a person who cohabits in a conjugal relationship with a member for at least:
    • three years, if either of them are currently legally married; or
    • one year, if neither of them are married.

If a Plan member has a common law spouse or is in a domestic partnership, but still legally married to a former spouse, a special rule applies to divide the survivor pension between two spouses.

New spousal relationship

If you enter into a new spousal relationship, be sure to inform us of your spouse’s name, Social Insurance Number (SIN), date of birth (provide copy of your spouse’s birth certificate or passport), and a copy of your Marriage Certificate or Declaration of Domestic Partnership (if applicable).

A spousal relationship breakdown

When a spousal relationship breaks down and divorce occurs, the division of your pension benefit is not automatic. In order for us to complete a division of your pension benefit, you must provide us with a copy of the court order from the Supreme Court (see Court Order Wording example).

For a breakdown of domestic partnership please forward a copy of the Termination of Domestic Partnership Certificate.

Your former spouse, registered domestic partner or common law partner is entitled to receive up to one half of the pension benefit earned during the period of marriage. The period of marriage must be defined in the court order. It begins at the date of marriage or cohabitation and ends at the date of separation. If you are married, it is important to note that a legal separation is not sufficient to split pension assets, this can only be initiated upon divorce.

If the relationship ends before you retire, payment is in the form of a lump sum amount, equal to the commuted value of your former spouse’s share of the pension benefit.

It is important for you to notify us of any changes to your spousal relationship.  You will need to send us a completed Member Information Form. You can find this form on our website at the following link:


For information on Spousal Relationship changes after retirement, please visit Spousal Relationship Changes.