Often Plan members belong to more than one pension plan over their career as a public servant. When it comes time for you to retire, wouldn’t it be great to have all of your pensionable service in one place. Reciprocal transfer agreements allow for this to happen.
The Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan (PSSP) has reciprocal transfer agreements with the pension plans of other public authorities. If you had service with one or more of these public authorities, you may be able to transfer your pensionable service from that plan to the PSSP. The following agreements are currently in place:
- Federal Agreement with the Government of Canada
- National Public Service Pension Transfer Agreement
- Nova Scotia Public Authorities (Defined Benefit) Agreement
- Nova Scotia Public Authorities (Defined Contribution) Agreement
- Nova Scotia/Dalhousie University Agreement
- Child Welfare Agreement
If you want to receive more information on your possible eligibility for a reciprocal transfer of pensionable service, please contact one of our client services consultants.