Often Plan members belong to more than one pension plan throughout their career. Reciprocal transfer agreements permit Plan members to transfer service from one plan to another.
The PSSP has reciprocal transfer agreements with pension plans of other public authorities. If you had service with one or more of these public authorities, you may be able to transfer your pensionable service from that plan to the PSSP.
Each plan has its own rules and limits regarding reciprocal transfers. The following reciprocal transfer agreements are currently in place:
- Federal Agreement with the Government of Canada
- National Public Service Pension Transfer Agreement
- Nova Scotia Public Authorities (Defined Benefit) Agreement
- Nova Scotia Public Authorities (Defined Contribution) Agreement
- Nova Scotia/Dalhousie University Agreement
- Child Welfare Agreement
Please contact us to discuss your eligibility for a reciprocal transfer of pensionable service.