Public Service Superannuation Plan Trustee Inc. becomes a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment
Halifax, NS – January 3, 2019 – Nova Scotia Public Service Superannuation Plan Trustee Inc. (PSSPTI) has become a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The PRI Initiative is a global network of investors working together to put the PRI’s six principles for responsible investment into practice. Its goal is to understand the implications of sustainability forinvestors and support signatories to incorporate these issues into both their investment decisionmaking and ownership practices. In implementing the principles, signatories contribute to the development of a more sustainable global financial system.
PSSPTI believes that joining the PRI will further enhance its sustainable investment program and help to identify risks associated with environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
The PRI’s six principles are:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
The PRI Initiative was launched in April 2006 and has over 2200 signatories.
- 30 -
Senior Communications Advisor
Conseillère principale en communication
Nova Scotia Pension Services Corporation
Société des services de pension de la Nouvelle-Écosse
P: 902-429-6432 | email@example.com | www.novascotiapension.ca